Associations / Networking
APPA Marine has more than 25 Spanish companies associated whose activities are related to marine energy. Its main objective is to promote an adequate legal framework and associated technological development, which would achieve considerable importance of marine energy in renewable energy production by 2020 in Spain.
APPA has more than 500 renewable energy companies in Spain that develops cleantech.
The Asociación Cluster de Energía (ACE) is a non-profit making organisation which was set up in late 1996 following the policy of the Basque government to support clusters so as to improve competitiveness in the Basque industrial fabric in the energy area through collaboration. ACE integrates the main companies in the energy sector supply chain in the Basque Country (energy operators, component and equipment manufacturers and service companies), players in the Basque scientific-technological field, and public administration bodies with responsibilities in the energy area.
Its mission is to improve, through cooperation, the competitiveness of companies in the energy value chain operating in the Basque Country.
Ente Vasco de la Energía – EVE (Basque Government’s energy agency) seeks to continue to be the region’s benchmark organisation in the energy field for its contribution to energy efficiency, development of renewable energy, supply security and its leadership in positioning the Basque Country as a knowledge pole and industrial reference point in the energy industry. It does this by:
• Promoting singular projects with stakeholders that are best positioned to make a contribution;
• Creating market opportunities that can be capitalised on by Basque business, based on the energy investment made;
• Contributing criteria to society on energy-related values;
• Contributing to compliance with the Department of Industry, Innovation, Trade and Tourism’s plans and objectives;
• Obtaining the economic resources it needs to allow it to self-finance its activities.